Life throws us all a challenge or two along the way. Some of these challenges can easily upset our day, disturb our rhythm and generally mess with our mojo. In reaction we can lose our cool. At times, we can lose it pretty spectacularly. We are only human after all. However, one or a combination of the below can help us all keep a lid on our cool.
Here are 22 Ways to Keep Your Cool:
1. Get Some Perspective
Life is short. Too short to be losing our cool all the time. Better to stay calm and take life for what it is. Take things in our stride. Keep your cool.
2. Identify the Internal Triggers
Oftentimes, if we do a little self-reflection we can identify internal temper triggers. What is it that happens internally that causes us to lose it? How can we work on this?
3. Identify the External Triggers
Some situations and people can make it difficult to stay calm around. Once identified, we can either come up with tactics that mean we avoid them completely, or work on coping tactics to deal with them.
4. Count to 10
5. Remember you’ll Regret Losing your Cool More Often than Not
7. Step Outside the Situation
10. Depersonalise the Situation
11. Get Over Yourself!
12. Picture Yourself as Someone Very Calm
13. Focus on Something Else
14. Control What You Can Control
15. Put Expectations to One Side
16. Less Sprinting All the Way
17. Forget Scoring Empty Victories
19. Reduce Friction
20. Not Empathising with Others
21. Be Appreciative