Health Tip: Keep Toes Cool, Clean and Dry
To help prevent athlete's foot
Athlete's foot is a fungal infection, medically called tinea pedis. If the fungus takes hold between your toes, it can cause itchiness, cracking and peeling.
These suggestions would help protect your feet from athlete's foot:
- Dry your feet completely after getting out of the bath, shower or pool.
- Slip on a pair of sandals or flip-flops when walking at public pools or showers.
- Swap sweaty socks for a clean dry pair at least once daily.
- If you tend to get athlete's foot, use an antifungal or drying powder.
- Choose shoes made of natural material (such as leather) that offers good ventilation. Avoid shoes with plastic lining.
Don't wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row, so the shoes can air out.